PHP Cold Rolling Mills Ltd has established physical factors and work environment needed to achieve product conformity. These include:
- Heat Excluding areas where necessary to maintain a temperature of 30±3 degree Celsius is required, e.g. testing laboratory, control room and work areas are kept within a temperature range of 26±5 degree Celsius. If necessary proper air circulation with exhaust fan are maintained.
- Light level: 300~500lumen as per requirements.
- Cleanliness: Total cleanliness in work area.
- Air flow: Well ventilation is provided at the work area, exhaust fans are provided where cross ventilation is absent.
- Hygiene Cleanliness is maintained throughout the work area as it is the primary requirement for a Good hygiene practice, first-aid boxes are available at appropriate locations of work areas, safe drinking water is supplied, good number of clean toilets are made available at appropriate locations Medical service is available from the local hospital/clinic.
- Noise Air plugs are provided where noise is unbearable.
- Safety working areas where special safety/security needed are marked with red line for safe walking passage, all moving parts are covered with safety covers, and all protruding edges etc. are marked for safety first. All the gates are kept clean for emergency exits. Regular fire drills are maintained. Sufficient numbers of fire extinguishers are available inside the building in addition to water hydrant. Safe drinking water is available in all sections. First aid boxes are supplied to all sections.
These are monitored and recorded once every month.
- It has set up fully automated Acid Regeneration Plant imported form M/s Andritz Austria, to recover Hydrochloric Acid from waste acid. The recovered acid is being used in the process instead of using fresh acid.
- It has set up Effluent Treatment plant for treating various process effluents. The treated water only discharged after ensuring the all the parameters as per the norms fixed by “Department of Environment”, Government of Bangladesh.